£17.00 + postage
Duke Special’s beautiful 2017 album ‘Hallow’ is available on vinyl exclusively here in the Duke shop. It’s entirely based on the poetry of the eminent Belfast poet, Michael Longley, who was once described by his friend Seamus Heaney as ‘a keeper of the artistic estate, a custodian of griefs and wonders’. Full of gentleness, honesty, mischief and love, peppered with a cast of artists, animals, flowers, friends and long forgotten soldiers. As ever, Duke Special is mining a new seam of inspiration, always trying to get to the bottom of what it means to be human.
Every copy comes with a download code if you want to listen to it digitally too.
Label: Words & Pirctures
Format: Vinyl LP
- 1. Another Wren
- 2. A Questionnaire For Walter Mitty
- 3. Emily Dickinson
- 4. Grace Darling
- 5. Brothers
- 6. Remembering Carrigskeewaun
- 7. No Continuing City
- 8. Granddaughters
- 9. The Ice-cream Man
- 10. Fifty Years
- 11. Lena
I Never Thought This Day Would Come
£12.00 + postage
A lovely gatefold, double LP edition of Duke Special’s “I Never Thought This Day Would Come”. A must for all those with a lust for the unique sound of vinyl and a bargain for a double album!
- Mockingbird Wish Me Luck
- Sweet Sweet Kisses
- Those Proverbs We Made In The Winter Must End
- Diggin’ An Early Grave
- I Never Thought This Day Would Come (And Now It Won’t Go Away)
- Why Does Anybody Love
- Flesh And Blood Dance
- If I Don't Feel It
- Let Me Go (Please Please Please)
- By The Skin Of My Teeth
- Nothing Comes Easy
- Nothin' You Could Do Can Bring Me Round
Our Love Goes Deeper Than This / No Cover Up 10” single
£4.00 + postage
10” Double A Side Release of ‘Our Love Goes Deeper’ and No Cover Up. Also features ‘Deep’ - a lovely duet with French Chanteuse Emily Loizeau and the Duke Special cover of ‘I feel for you’.
- Our Love Goes Deeper
- No Cover Up (Single Version)
- Deep (Featuring Emily Loizeau)
- I Feel for You
Huckleberry Finn EP
£6.00 + postage
We present, for your listening pleasure, Duke Special’s EP “Huckleberry Finn” on vinyl. Listen to these lovely songs with that added warmth that only vinyl can bring.
- 1. River Chanty
- 2. Come In, Mornin'
- 3. Apple Jack
- 4. This Time Next Year
- 5. Catfish Song
Mother Courage and Her Children
£8.00 + postage
An album of the music written and performed by Duke Special for Deborah Warner’s production of the Bertolt Brecht classic play, translated by Tony Kushner and staged at the National Theatre in London over two months in 2009 and starring Fiona Shaw. Presented here on the beautiful format of vinyl.
- 1. Prelude
- 2. Mother Courage
- 3. Eilif (Song about the soldier and his wife)
- 4. Yvette (Song of Fraternization)
- 5. Song of the Hours
- 6. The Great Capitulation
- 7. Soldier's Song
- 8. Mother Courage (and the threat of peace)
- 9. Cook's Song
- 10. Farmhouse Song
- 11. Lullaby
- 12. Mother Courage Finale
The Silent World of Hector Mann
£8.00 + postage
This recording is a collection of songs inspired by Paul Auster’s Novel ‘The Book of Illusions’.
A book that largely centres on the main characters’ enlightenment into the world of Hector Mann and the silent movies he created.
The album contains 12 songs written by Duke Special and 11 of his friends, and was recorded by legendary producer Steve Albini at Electrical Audio in Chicago, USA, and presented here on vinyl
- 1. Hearth & Home (Ronnie Mintor)
- 2. Wanda, Darling of the Jockey Club (Neil Hannon)
- 3. Jumping Jacks (Ed Harcourt)
- 4. Mister Nobody (Duke Special)
- 5. Tango Tangle (Ben Castle)
- 6. You'll Be Detective (Clare Muldaur Manchon)
- 7. Double or Nothing (Phil Wilkinson)
- 8. Country Weekend (Paul Pilot)
- 9. Old Folks & Cowpokes (Rea Curran)
- 10. The Prop Man (Thomas Truax)
- 11. Scandal (Pete Noback)
- 12. Teller's Tale (Matt Hales)
Freewheel 7” single
£2.00 + postage
Freewheel 7” Single on chunky vinyl.
Format: Vinyl 7" single
- Oh for a closer walk